ATLANTA—Patientco, the leading healthcare payments technology company that optimizes the payment experience for providers and patients alike, announced today enhanced integration between its dynamic patient payment platform and Epic’s market-leading EHR technology. The integration provides robust payment functionality, automated workflows, and payment processing through Epic solutions, including MyChart. Patientco’s payment platform can be deployed enterprise-wide to help health systems leverage their investment in Epic and improve the patient payment experience, while streamlining payment workflows for revenue cycle teams.
“Patientco’s simple integration with Epic is a big plus for our organization,” said Keith Siddel, Vice President, Revenue Cycle at Baptist Memorial Health Care in Memphis, Tenn. “By rolling out Patientco in MyChart and across 21 facilities and a network of over 4,000 physicians, we are able to gain enterprise level reporting and visibility through data analytics into all payments and ensure a simplified payment experience for our patients.”
Patientco’s integration with Epic gives health systems:
- A dynamic statement engine to produce patient-tested statements proven to drive increased revenue;
- Patient payment processing through Epic, including MyChart Online Bill Pay using Epic’s Credit Card Framework;
- Acceptance of point-of-service payments within Epic using cloud-powered EMV credit card terminals;
- A full suite of payment processing capabilities to accept and process every payment type – cash, check, credit, debit, HSA, FSA and payment plans;
- Automated daily bank account reconciliation to consolidate all electronic payment sources in a single report;
- Automated posting of all patient payments regardless of payment type, including credit card and lockbox, to the correct patient accounts;
- Automated return mail, correspondence handling, and address update workflows; and
- Seamless access to Patientco from Epic Resolute Billing via Single Sign-On (SSO).
“As a long-time partner of Patientco, I’m thrilled that their payment platform is now even more closely aligned with Epic,” said Mike Simms, Vice President of Revenue Cycle at Cone Health. “We’ve seen such great financial results through our partnership with Patientco, and the way their statements and payment features exchange data natively with Epic makes our workflow that much more efficient.”
“Our clients spend a lot of time and money investing in an EHR that’s right for their organization, and our integration with Epic helps them further leverage that investment by easily connecting them to our payment platform,” said Bird Blitch, CEO at Patientco. “It’s our goal to give health systems the best tools to improve collections by engaging the patient in a better payment experience.”
To learn more about Patientco’s complete payment platform, visit booth #1635 at HFMA’s ANI 2017 Annual Conference, June 25-28, in Orlando, Fla.