The healthcare industry continues to see a surge in technology and innovations intended to improve patient outcomes and boost efficiencies. Some companies in particular are rising above the fray with their solutions, according to Fast Company, which ranked the most innovative companies for 2019 across industries and overall.
The publication ranks the businesses based on their profound impact on both industry and culture, and noted how the companies are “creating the future today.”
Here are the top 10 honorees in the healthcare sector:
- Modern Fertility––simplifies a direct-to-consumer fertility test for $159
- Osso VR––designs virtual training systems to teach surgical skills
- Iora Health––a value-based care company that reimaged primary care for Medicare patients
- Oscar Health––a startup health insurance provider that relies heavily on technology
- Virta Health––addresses type 2 diabetes without medicine or surgery
- Adherium––Manages chronic respiratory disease with a smart inhaler
- Kaiser Permanente––California health system with new investments in housing in Oakland, Baltimore and Portland
- One Medical––enables employers such as Airbnb and Levi’s with concierge care for their employees
- Health Recovery Solutions (HRS)––leverages telehealth to help chronically ill patients at home manage their conditions
- Stimwave Technologies––alleviates pain with microchips
See the list here.