For the second year in a row, Newsweek has ranked the best hospitals in the world in partnership with global research company Statista.
The list covers the leading hospitals across 21 countries, overseen by a board of global experts that acts as an independent body to develop the quality and scope of the project.
The rankings take several considerations under review, including recommendations from medical professionals, patient survey results and medical performance indicators. Tens of thousands of medical professionals in the 21 selected countries were invited to complete an online survey from September to November 2019.
The United States had the most top hospitals of the measured countries, with 300.
Here are the top 10 best hospitals in 2020 as ranked by Newsweek:
- Mayo Clinic-Rochester, USA
- Cleveland Clinic, USA
- Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
- Toronto General (University Health Network), Canada
- Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany
- The John Hopkins Hospital, USA
- Universitätsspital Zürich, Switzerland
- Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
- Sheba Medical Center, Israel
- Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset, Sweden
See the full list here.